An estimated 130,000 candidates who sat last year’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations from different parts of the country are yet to join secondary school
The revelation has continued to elicit mixed reactions from different factions with leaders calling upon the government to invest more in this sector.
Deputy President William Ruto has now called upon different stakeholders in the education sector to address the issue before it is too late.
Speaking during a Sunday service at the Pentecostal Evangelistic Fellowship of Africa church in South B, Nairobi, Ruto warned that the government will take action against headteachers of public and day secondary schools denying students a chance to pursue their education because of lack of fees.
He insisted that the national government is committed to offering all Kenyan youths with a high-quality education. The DP also said that no child from any part of the country should be denied access to education because of many reasons.
Ruto assured Kenyans of President Uhuru Kenyatta’s determination to implement the Big Four Agenda with Education being one of the drivers of his goals. The DP further said that the future of this nation belongs to the youth and they deserve to be educated.
“Youths without jobs are a threat to our future. That is why the government has decided to ensure that those who have completed primary schools join secondary schools while others enrol for technical training,” he said.