Eliud Kipchoge has been named IAAF Male of the Year Athlete, after a stellar performance in a year where he broke the world Marathon record.
Kipchoge broke the record in September and has been awarded for his near-perfect performance on the track.
Here are 10 things you would love to know about Kipchoge, who has been labeled the greatest marathoner of all time.
1. He wakes up at 5 am
2. He is married with three children
3. He is the youngest of four children
4. He used to sell milk to support his family
5. He used to jog to school back and forth
6. He defeated a world-record holder when he was just 18
7. He currently has 15 notebooks
8. He has won nine of the 10 marathons he has entered
9. He once ran a marathon with a malfunction shoe but still won the race
10. He is 5-feet-6 and about 115 pounds
Thank you for reading my article! You have contributed to my success as a writer. The articles you choose to read on Hivisasa help to shape the future of news across Africa.