Probably you have heard about Internationa Women's Day but do not know what it exactly stands for. Here are six things you need to know about IWD.
1. International Women’s Day takes place on March 8 every year. This year it falls on a Thursday.
2. International Women’s Day is a United Nations-sanctioned, global holiday. It celebrates women’s contributions to society, raises awareness about the fight for gender parity, and inspires support for organizations that help women globally.
3. For 2018, the theme of International Women’s Day is #PressforProgress. The 2017 International Women’s Day theme was #BeBoldforChange, and the 2016 theme was #PledgeforParity. All the themes color is Pantone’s, Ultra Violet.
4. According to the United Nations, International Women’s Day started in America in 1909, when the Socialist Party of America took to the streets to honor garment workers who had protested against inhumane working conditions the year before. They called it National Women’s Day, and it took place on February 28.
5. This year, the International Women’s Day has focused on rallying supporters to raise awareness and enact concrete actions to help create a world with more gender parity.
6. The International Women’s Day Logo is a looping, arrowed circle with the female (or Venus) gender symbol at the inset.
Have an awesome International Women’s Day!
Would you like to receive news updates for free? WhatsApp the word NEWS to 0790870842