Article Image
KIAMBU

Fierce fire destroys property at Muthiga in Kiambu

Catherine Murigi
Vote on this article to affect its rank!
The fire was caused by an electric fault in a welding shop. [Photo/Pinterest.com]

Flames of fire devoured properties worth millions of shillingson Monday in Muthiga, a town near Kinoo in Kiambu County. 

The fire was caused by electric fault in a welding business located in the premises that was burnt down.

Businessmen operating in the building said that they kept seeing sparks from the welding machine but did not think it could break out to flames.

"We are going to take record of businessmen whose properties have been destroyed and take their names to the county level and discuss how we can help them rise again," area MCA Samuel Kimani said.

"These traders may rise again if accorded hep by the county government. However, it may take some time before thy get back to their previous financial position," he added.

Firefighters from Kikuyu arrived in fairly good time and helped put off the fire which could have destroyed more properties. 

Most of the destroyed business are small scale enterprises.

Research shows that most SMEs do not insure their enterprises against any risk.

Nunua shopping ya home na Jumia! Save 50% on household products

Thank you for reading my article! You have contributed to my success as a writer. The articles you choose to read on Hivisasa help to shape the future of news across Africa.
-Catherine Murigi

Vote on this article to affect its rank!
Report Story

More you may enjoy reading

You might also like

You may also enjoy these stories

Since you like this story, here’s more

More stories you might like

Don’t miss out on these stories

Whilst you’re here, check out these stories

We thought you’d like these stories as well

Don’t leave without checking out these stories too