The county government of Kisumu has finalised plans to operationalise the Beyond Zero Campaign caravan that had been grounded for almost four months since it was launched by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta.
The wife to Governor Jack Ranguma, Olivia Ranguma said the caravan is now equipped with the necessary requirements.
“We had to put in place adequate medicine, staff and insurance. We are now set and rolling out the outreach medical camps,” she said.
Ms Ranguma, who was speaking at Manyatta Primary School in Kisumu on Saturday during a free medical camp organised by Money Gram, said the caravan will be autonomous.
She said drugs will be procured for the caravan and they will not rely on drugs from other hospitals that might bring a lot of bureaucracy.
Ms Ranguma who will lead the operation of the caravan across the county announced that the first phase will include visiting all the seven sub counties with the caravan to provide free medical service to the locals.
She said the second phase will entail visiting the 35 wards in the county to ensure all patients are reached out to with the medical services they may deserve.
“Be rest assured that every corner of this county will feel this mobile clinic. I urge those who are sick and have no money for medication to visit the caravan anywhere in the county,” she said.
She called upon all the residents of the county to get out and seek medical assistance whenever the caravan is within their areas.