Nacada chairman John Mututho has hit at Salgaa residents for burning the only Nakuru fire brigade.
The former Naivasha MP said that it was selfish of the youths who turned their anger and put the only fire engine to ashes.
In a telephone interview on Tuesday, Mututho appealed to the government to arrest and prosecute the perpetrators of the act.
He claimed that the machine was costly and well-equipped and its burning would affect the county's ability to fight fire outbreaks.
"We understand that they were aggrieved but they should understand that there are better ways to deal with their anger than burning state property. The machine served residents in Molo, Njoro, Elburgon, Kuresoi, Naivasha, Giglil and Mai Mahiu. It is unfortunate that they could not see the bigger picture,” he said.
He pointed out that there were better ways to solve the issue affecting them.
The ex-lawmaker appealed to Governor Kinuthia Mbugua to hear the grievances of the residents to prevent such occurrences," he said.
Mututho pledged to help in rehabilitating the youths in the area.
"Many of them who carried out the acts were drunk and had been using cheap liquor. The only way we can prevent such occurrences is to ensure that they do not repeat that is ensuring that they are completely rehabilitated," he said.