Naivasha sub-county security committee wants locals to furnish it with any information that might lead to the arrest of those allegedly threatening certain communities to leave the area.
Deputy county commissioner Abraham Kemboi, who is the chairman of the committee, urged residents not to leave the town for fear of attacks. He said that instead, those threatened should give information to security agencies for action to be taken. He assured the residents that any and all information will be treated with absolute confidentiality.
While addressing public barazas at Kihoto, Karagita and Kabati on Friday, Kemboi assured residents that security personnel in the area were alert and would deal with individuals peddling rumours of impending attacks against certain communities.
He, however, said that this would only be possible if the residents volunteered information to the police.
Kemboi assured of residents’ security, adding that patrols had been intensified in the area. He said that no one should be threatened to leave the town unless they wanted to.
Saba Saba rally, he said, presented no threat to the peaceful co-existence and security of the residents in Naivasha. He told the communities to stop believing in the rumours that had heightened tension and created fear among the groups that felt targeted.
“Security personnel are alert and will move swiftly and firmly against any elements threatening others. The Saba Saba rally scheduled for Monday should not be used as a reason to cause mayhem,” he said.
Kemboi was accompanied by members of the security committee and some local leaders.