A man is nursing serious burn injuries in Nyamira County hospital after he was burnt with hot chang'aa.
Duke Ogoti was boiling illicit brew at his home in Kegogi, Bosamaro in Nyamira county on Tuesday evening when he was burnt.
According to neighbours, Ogoti has been making chang'aa secretly despite the government's efforts to end the illicit brew business.
"Ogoti was alone in his house boiling chang'aa when he miscalculated his steps and fell into hot chang'aa in a sufuria. He screamed for help as his wife was away from home," said one of the neighbours, Edward Ndege.
Mr Ndege said by the time neighbours responded to the victim's screams he was seriously burnt.
He said the victim was rushed to a local clinic from where he was referred to Nyamira county referral hospital.
Nyamira OCPD Lilis Wachira confirmed the incident saying the victim is responding well to medication.
"Members of the public are advised to stop engaging in illicit businesses to avoid being burnt like Ogoti who has been boiling illicit brew secretly without fearing consequences," the OCPD said.