Police in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu county are investigating an incidence where a woman was killed by what has been said as a refrigerator explosion.
The woman, Susan Njoki was reportedly asleep in her house in Mwanzo estate when the fridge exploded on Wednesday night.
Also in the house were her two children who, however, saved their lives by jumping out of the house through the window.
The woman who was reportedly asleep in another room is said to have succumbed after inhaling gas emerging from the faulty machine.
The incident was confirmed by Eldoret West Police Boss Zachariah Bitok.
According to neighbours, their attempts to save the woman's life were futile after they were unable to access the house.
They said that the door which has heavy metal grills was locked, making it hard for them to do anything.
"We tried to access her house to rescue her but her main door was locked and it had heavy metal grills,” a neighbour told the was quoted by the Daily Nation.
One of her children was admitted at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRT), apparently because of the same smoke.
The body of the deceased is being preserved at the hospital's morgue, pending the completion of the launched probe.
Thank you for reading my article! You have contributed to my success as a writer. The articles you choose to read on Hivisasa help to shape the future of news across Africa.