Over 700 nurses in Kitui County have threatened to go on strike starting Monday next week.
They accused Governor Charity Ngilu's administration of refusing to increase their services and uniforms allowances.
The medics through the Kenya National Union of Nurses (KNUN) Kitui branch, Secretary General Newton Kimanzi said the Kitui county government's leadership has neglected them.
The nurses told patients to seek services elsewhere as from next week.
"We are asking relatives and next of kins of patients admitted in all level 3 and 5 hospitals to make arrangements and transfer their patients to other hospitals,” Kimanzi said.
They addressed the press in Kitui town on Tuesday.
Kimanzi said all nurses in Kitui County will down their tools on the said day.
They accuse Ngilu of failing to champion their plight.
On January 14, the Kitui nurses Union issued a two-week notice to the county government.
The nurses are demanding their allowances to be increased to Sh30,000 from Sh20,000.
They also demand uniform allowance of Sh25,000 from Sh15,000.
The union has over 700 members in Kitui.
Kitui county government Chief Officer for Health Richard Muthoka pleaded with the nurses to halt their planned strike.
Muthoka said though there is money to pay the nurses, it can't be released without the Salaries and Remunerations Commission's approval.
Last week governor Ngilu urged nurses to halt the strike, saying their demands will be tackled.
Ngilu said the provision of quality healthcare is one of her key agendas for the residents.
#hivisasaoriginal