Former Kiambu Governor William Kabogo has condemned the terrorist attack at Riverside Drive in Nairobi.
In a tweet on his official account on Tuesday, Kabogo noted that the country will never surrender to terrorists.
“No matter what we’ll never surrender to terrorists. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, and ever present help in trouble,” tweeted Kabogo.
This comes after armed assailants on Tuesday afternoon raided the Dusit Complex located along Riverside Drive in what police have termed a coordinated attack.
“We can now confirm that this criminal activity commenced at about three o'clock in a coordinated fashion and began at I&M Bank with an explosion that targeted three vehicles in the parking lot, and a suicide explosion in the foyer of Dusit hotel,” said Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet.
In a statement on Wednesday, President Uhuru Kenyatta noted that all the terrorists had been eliminated.
“The security operation at Dusit complex is over and all the terrorists eliminated,” said the Head of State.
He further revealed that 14 innocent people had lost their lives in the attack.
On his part, Interior CS Fred Matiang’i lauded security agents in the country for their professionalism in carrying out the security operation.
“I thank all our security agencies, who worked in seamless coordination, to neutralize the security threat at 14 Riverside Drive. In particular, I single out Mr Douglas Kanja, the GSU Commandant who led the security operation with distinct diligence and professionalism,” said Matiang’i.