Gor Mahia FC will face Angolan side Petro Atletico in their last Group D match on Sunday 17th March, with a hope of winning the tie to be sure of qualification.
The Kenyan champions lost to Egyptian giants Zamalek last Sunday, where they were smashed 4-0.
Gor will only qualify for the quarterfinals if they win against Petro irrespective of other results in group D. In the same group, Hussein Dey will be hosting Zamalek on Sunday.
According to CAF rules, only two teams from each group will qualify to the next stage.
Here are the things that Gor Mahia should know about their immediate opponents before the match.
1. Petro Atletico is the most successful team in Angola. In Girabola standings they are now placed second with 36 points and have two games at hand.
2. Four players from Petro Atletico squad represented Angola in the 2006 World Cup for the first time.
3. Petro Atletico has appeared in the confederation cup 7 times.
4. Petro Atletico tactician Luiz Bianchi has a vast experience in this field. He has ever coached the Angola national team.
6. These are players to watch in Petro Atletico squad; Tigo Lima Azulco, Antonio Rosa Ribeiro, Va, Ricardo Job, and Manguxi. They have at least scored in CAF confederation cup matches.
7. Finally, head to head meetings between Gor Mahia and Petro Atletico, Atletico won 2-1.