Mohamed Abduba Dida is a household name in the country’s political arena.
Dida unsuccessfully contested for the presidential seat in the 2013 and 2017 general election on his Alliance for Real Change party ticket.
Here are interesting things you didn’t know about Dida
1. He was born in 1975 in Wajir County
2. Dida's parents divorced when he was a teenager
3. He is a teacher by profession and specialised in English Literature and religion
4. He taught at Lenana High school, Sabunley secondary school, Wajir Girls and Dadaab secondary school in Garissa.
5. Dida resigned as a teacher in 2009 to join politics
6. He is happily married to 3 wives (Amina Dida, Estail Dida and Rukia Dida.
His second wife (Estail Dida) has however filed for divorce in Kadhi’s court
7. Dida has 12 children from his three wives
8. He is a staunch Muslim
9. Dida is the founder of Sunrise Service Limited that deals with livestock marketing
10. He also owns a tours and travel company
11. He lives in Nairobi’s South C
The former presidential candidate is the founder of Muslim Scout Fellowship and says he has not lost interest in the presidency and will still contest in 2022.
He is among politicians to watch out in the 2022 succession politics.