Kisumu County is set to host the first International Conference on Adequate and Affordable Housing next week.
The one of a kind event which is geared towards offering a medium for networking and cooperation across sectors in matters related to the right to adequate and affordable housing will be held at the Kisumu’s Grand Royal Swiss Hotel from 19th to 21st March.
According to Mr Lawrence Apiyo, Coordinator for the Grassroots Trust Organization that is involved in planning for the event, they have invited various leaders to grace the event.
Here is the list of invited leaders:
1. Professor Anyang’ Nyong’o (Kisumu Governor) - He will officially open the conference on March 19.
2. Raila Odinga (ODM Party Leader and Special Envoy for Infrastructure Development in Africa) – He will officially close the event on March 21.
3. Fred Okengo Matiang’i – Cabinet Secretary for Interior
4. Faridah Karoney – Cabinet Secretary for Lands
5. Lake Region Economic Block (LREB) Governors – The block is made up of 14 Counties which are Siaya, Kisumu, Homabay, Migori, Kisii, Nyamira, Bomet, Kericho, Nandi, Vihiga, Kakamega, Busia, Bungoma and Trans Nzoia.
6. Other leaders –Members of Parliament, Senators and Members of the County Assemblies are also expected to attend.