Kilifi Governor Amason Kingi is among County bosses who were on Monday, elected to various positions in the Council of Governors (CoG).
All the governors participated in the election which saw Kakamega County Governor Wycliffe Oparanya elected CoG chairman, succeeding Turkana's Josphat Nanok who sought to retain the seat.
Governor Mwangi Wa-Iria of Murang'a was elected deputy chairman, succeeding Anne Waiguru of Kirinyaga County.
Former CoG chairman Kwale Governor Salim Mvurya, Waiguru, Kisumu Governor Prof Anyang Nyong'o, and Uasin Gishu Governor Jackson Mandago sought to be elected for the chairmanship.
Besides the two notable positions, several governors including Governor Kingi, were elected chairpersons of different departmental positions as indicated below;
1. Amason Kingi - Legal Affairs, Human Rights, Intergovernmental Relations, Security and Foreign Affairs.
2. Wycliffe Wangamati - Finance, Planning, Economic Affairs and ICT.
3. James Ongwae - Human Resource, Labour and Social Welfare.
4. Prof Paul Chepkwony - Gender, Youth, Sports Culture and Social Welfare.
5. Joyce Laboso - Education.
6. Martin Wambora - Trade, Investment, Manufacturing and Cooperatives.
7. Dr Mohamed Kuti - Health.
8. Muthomi Njuki - Agriculture.
9. Moses Lenolkulal - ASALs.
10. Samuel Ole Tunai - Tourism and Natural Resources.
11. Lee Kinyanjui - Urban Planning, Housing Development, Lands, Infrastructure and Energy.