With the police having kicked off investigations into the murder of Nakuru businessman Dennis Mwangi Wachira who was killed on Saturday night, a number of questions have emerged.

Do you have a lead on a newsworthy story? Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa!

Police believe that Wachira was killed by a gang of six people who raided his Biscept Limited Company alcohol production firm in Industrial Area and attacked him.

They are now dealing with a number of questions which they are seeking to unravel, among them, possibilities of the attack being an inside job planned by his employees.

At the same time, they are trying to establish if it was as a result of business rivalry or a revenge mission after a business deal gone sour, probably masterminded by his partners.

This has been arrived at by the police, following revelations that the deceased was attacked immediately after sealing a deal with a business partner on the night of August 16.

“While in Kisumu, a client had called the deceased and enquired if he was in Nakuru town so that they could do a transaction. In the night of August 16, when the deceased arrived, he went straight to the company’s premises to seal the deal. The attack occurred minutes after the client left the premises,” said Nakuru West OCPD Patrick Olonyi on Tuesday.

The police have since interrogated more than eight people, including employees, some of whom have claimed that they were waylaid and their hands tied up during the attack.

A worker at the factory claimed that the group further destroyed surveillance cameras and stole the deceased's phones before making away.

Confirming the ongoing probe, Nakuru County Police Commander Stephen Matu said that the detectives are following crucial leads, promising arrests soon.

“We will not rest until we ensure that the killers are apprehended and arraigned,” he said.

The body of Wachira who sustained visible injuries of a blunt object on the head and neck is being preserved at the PN Ngari Funeral Home in Nakuru.