The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission on Thursday grilled Elgeyo Marakwet Governor Alex Tolgos over the alleged Sh200 million fuel tender saga.
The county boss appeared before the detectives at the EACC headquarters in Nairobi at 9 a.m. where he was grilled for hours.
Moments after the session, Tolgos appeared for a press conference outside EACC where he denied misusing his power in the award of tenders as alleged.
“I am here to give a clarification of fuel supply which was about Sh742,760 to the Health Department,” Tolgos said.
He reiterated that he has no hand in the award of the tender, adding that media houses have been spreading false information about his government.
He also said that he only appeared to shed more light on the tender and not to be investigated over the same as speculated.
Tolgos opined that he is ready to cooperate with the anti-graft body to ensure resources meant for the taxpayers are not misused.
Tolgos also noted that he had presented the sleuths with the necessary files for the probe to kick-off also clarifying that he previously worked with the fuel company in the tender saga but is no longer part of it.
“I used to be a dealer for Oil Libya Company but I don't own anything in the company now,” he added.