Do you have a lead on a newsworthy story? Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa!

The Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) was on Thursday disbanded by the government.

This comes after the exam malpractices were witnessed in the last year’s Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). The exams were leaked and disappointed many. KNEC, however, went ahead and released the results even after pressure had amounted on them to cancel the results.

The new KNEC chair, George Magoha was announced by the CS of Education, Fred Matiang’i. The CS said the change will help KNEC restore its integrity and victory over exam leakages.

Kibera residents also welcomed the change with most parents saying the government has saved them from paying more money.

‘If exams will be leaked, it means our children will have to re sit for the exams meaning more money. I really support the change because people had slept on their jobs,’’ said Amina Osman, one of the parents in the area.

‘‘Change is always witnessed in life. It is part of life, it is part of us. We sometimes think change affects people negatively but to some extend it is worth to be embraced. I believe with the new leadership in KNEC office, we will be able to see students work hard to pass exams and not leak exams to pass,’’ said Peter Kuloba, another parent.