The court has ordered the government to pay families of students who were burnt to death on March 3, 2001 with Sh40 million where each will receive Sh 650,000.
The school which is in Machakos county was burnt down 15 years ago killing 63 students.
In judgement done by Justice Joseph Sergon on March 3, 2016, he said that government cannot escape from what happened and therefore, ordered for compensation.
He blamed the government for failing to put in place right measures in the school bearing in mind that school dormitories were constructed in a way that they did not have exits in case of fire outbreaks.
Justice Sergon also accused the school principal David Mutiso, his deputy Stephen Kasyoka and the BOG for not taking the matter seriously as students had previously broken into school canteen before the worst emanated.
"The principal knew there had been trials to burn down the school previously but failed to take immediate action," said Justice Sergon.
He also highlighted that students could have been sent home immediately they went on strike and broke into the canteen.
According to one of the parents who were following the proceedings, parents and teachers should be extra vigilant and be strict on students to avoid such incidents from happening again.
"After 13 years of waiting we have been compensated but we can't forget our children. I would, therefore, like to urge teachers and parents to be watchful to students to avoid such from happening again," said one of the parents in tears.