13-year-old girl was on June 14 in the afternoon confirmed dead after she drowned in a well.
The incident occurred in Itunduimuni sub-location in Masinga sub-county.
According to the area sub-chief Michael Ngunza who confirmed the incident, the girl was at home alone when she met with the death.
He said that he was alerted by a girl's neighbour who suspected someone had drowned in the well.
"I received a call from a lady saying that someone had drowned in a well where I rushed to the place of incident. I found that neighbours had already taken the body out of the well," said Ngunza.
Such incidences have become common in the area as it is just three months to ago after another teenager drowned in a different well.
Ngunza said that he reiterates on fencing actions to be taken by those people having wells in their homesteads but seems residents have just ignored his caution.
He urged them to take action through ensuring they do the necessary to avoid more deaths.
He also consoled the family of the bereaved.
The body of the deceased was taken to Matuu median hospital mortuary by Masinga police officers as investigations on what caused the death starts.