Former Machakos County gubernatorial aspirant Wavinya Ndeti is among new appointees in the recent government reorganization announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
On Tuesday, President Kenyatta appointed Ndeti as the new Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) for Transport.
Prior to her latest appointment, Ndeti was serving as the chairperson of the Kenya Water Institute (KEWI).
Ndeti is not new when it comes to ministerial roles, she served as the Sports and Youth Affairs Assistant Minister in the coalition Government of former President Mwai Kibaki and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga between 2008 and 2013.
She also served as Kathiani Member of Parliament (MP) between 2007 and 2013 before unsuccessfully contesting the Machakos gubernatorial election in the 2013 and 2017 general election.
Here is the full list of the new CASs that were appointed by President Kenyatta in his latest cabinet reshuffle.
1.Hussein Dado - Interior and Coordination
2. Patrick Ole Ntutu - Labour and Social protection
3. Andrew Tuimur - Water, Sanitation, Irrigation
4. Abdul Bahari - Devolution and ASAL
5. Lawrence Karanja - Industrialization
6. Peter Odoyo - Defense
7. Maureen Magoma - ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs
8. Winnie Guchu - State Law Ofice
9. Wavinya Ndeti - Transport
10. Zacharia Kinuthia Mugure - Education
11. Mumina Bonaya - Education
12. Linah Jebii Kilimo - Agriculture and Livestock
13. Mercy Mwangangi - Health
14. Nadia Ahmed Abdalla - ICT
15. Anne Mukami Nyaga- Agriculture and Livestock