A 38-year-old man is receiving treatment at Kangundo Level Four Hospital after suffering severe burns.

Is there information that you would like Kenyans to know? Tell Hivisasa and we will share with the world. Click here to submit.

This follows an incident where a fierce fire gutted down his house on Saturday night in Kyawa village in Matungulu sub-county.

The man identified as Thaddeus Nzivo, a casual worker, was rescued from the house by a Machakos ambulance. 

According to the victim's sister, Angeline Mueni, doctors at Kangundo Level Four Hospital said he suffered 85 per cent burns and was stabilized before being referred.

Mueni said she received a phone call about the incident where she rushed home.

"Doctors at Kangundo have referred him to Kenyatta National Hospital. We are making preparations,' she told journalists outside Kangundo hospital.

The cause of the fire is still a mystery as Mueni says there's no electricity. She observed that her brother who lives alone was asleep in the two-roomed house when the fire broke out.

"He lives alone and when the fire broke out he was still stuck inside, the time he was brought he had severe burns," she said.

The mother of the victim is admitted at Kangundo Hospital. She collapsed after being informed about the incident

#hivisasaoriginal