Retired President Daniel Moi has been taken back to the Nairobi Hospital for treatment.
The 95-year-old retired head of state was re-admitted two days after he left the same facility.
Family spokesperson Lee Njiru has confirmed the hospitalisation of the former head of state, saying he has been taken to the general ward in the VIP section of the facility.
He also said that a professional medical team led by his personal physician Dr David Silverstein is monitoring his health condition.
“I appeal to the press fraternity not to cause unwarranted alarm by exploiting the credulity of the masses,” he said, as quoted by the Daily Nation.
He promised to give an update on Moi's health. Moi's condition has been a subject of concern to millions of Kenyans.
Before he was discharged, a section of Kenyans faulted the family for hiding information on his health. The family came forth and dismissed claims that the retired president was dead.
On January 27, 2017, he was taken to Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi where he underwent knee surgery. In March 2018, he flew to Israel for treatment after developing knee complications.
Moi joined active politics in 1955. He served in different positions including the Vice President before he rose to power in 1978 following the death of the Founding father of the nation, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta.
He celebrated his 95th birthday last month.