When the body temperature of an expectant mother rises from 98.6 degrees to a fever, it is a lucid sign that she is suffering from a particular infection.
That's is why it is important to get rid of it before it gets out of hand. High fever can affect the unborn child in one way or another.
Dr. Shivani Chaturvedi, a gynaecologist explains the natural remedies that might help you beat fever in a jiffy;
1. In a cup of hot water, add one teaspoon of basil leaves and steep for at least 5 minutes. Drink the infusion four times a day. The high body temperature will subside in the next day.
2. In a bowl of warm water mixed with a cup of vinegar, dip a washcloth, then wring the excess water and place it on your forehead for some minutes to quell the high fever.
3. In a cup of hot water, add one teaspoon of mustard seeds and drink it.
4. Use a lemon. Place the lemon on the bottom of your feet and be sure to cover it with a wet cotton sock. You will then be required to cover the wet cotton sock with a wool sock.
5. Drink a mixture of olive oil and garlic cloves.
Pulverize the garlic cloves to a fine powder. In a sufuria containing the pulverized garlic cloves, add two tablespoons of olive oil and warm it. Apply this mixture under the sole of your feet and mask it with plastic for relief.