Betting firm SportPesa has said its exit from Kenya won't have any negative impact on its sponsorship deal with Everton FC.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

According to the firm, the recent exit from the lucrative Kenyan market will have zero impact on its sponsorship deal with the English side.

What's more, SportPesa workers in England will not have their jobs taken away like their Kenyan counterparts who were fired on Wednesday after months of standoff with the government.

There had been hopes that the popular betting company would resume operations but those hopes have been dashed.

"There has been notable progress in these sessions, and we are pleased that Kenya Revenue Authority have now cleared us to have our license renewed. SportPesa is confident that these processes will be completed soon, allowing the company to resume full operations," the company had said in a statement to newsrooms last month.

According to the Kenya Revenue Authority, SportPesa failed to pay over 14 billion shillings in taxes leading to the suspension of its licences.

The company rejected the suggestion that it owed the taxman, saying that it had paid its taxes dutifully and in full.

Thanks to that standoff over what SportPesa owes the Kenya Revenue Authority, 400 employees lost their jobs.