Nairobi governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has revealed how President Uhuru Kenyatta helped him reposses grabbed land.

Do you have a lead on a newsworthy story? Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa!

Speaking on Wednesday night during Tony Gachoka's 'Pointblank'program aired on Standard Media Group-owned Kenya Television Network (KTN), the county said that he was forced to seek the head of state's assistance after his personal efforts to repossess the Loresho land yielded nothing.

Efforts were made to entice him with bribes so that he could turn a blind eye but he claimed to have rejected the bribery attempts.

He got in touch with the president through a phone call after he was chased away with bows and arrows by armed hoodlums that had been hired by the alleged land grabber.

"So after being chased, it was on a Friday, I decided to go to State House, " Governor Mike Sonko said. (8:16-8:20)

The president, according to the flamboyant county head, took his call and listened to him patiently as he made his case.

He told the president that a private developer was building structures on a water reservoir and if allowed to continue, the people of Nairobi stood the risk of consuming contaminated water.

President Uhuru then gave him the assistance that he required to take back the land including adequate security.

With a contingent of officers from the General Service Unit (GSU) to his side, Sonko oversaw the repossession of the allegedly grabbed land.