Francis Kimanzi is the new Harambee Stars head coach.
Kimanzi takes over from Sebastian Migne, who resigned from the position because of personal reasons.
Kimanzi was unveiled on Tuesday by the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) after days of deliberation among various football stakeholders. The new coach has already been handed a two-year contract as he seeks to fit in the shoes of his successor.
Kenya Commercial Bank FC head coach Zedekiah ‘Zico’ Otieno has been named Kimanzi’s assistant at the national team.
Migne had assisted the team to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt after a period of 15 years but the team lost the competition at the group stages.
Kimanzi is not new to coach the team. He was once a head coach between November 2008 and January 2009 before he was sacked.
He was later re-appointed in November 2011 and worked untl June 2012.
In his resignation letter, Migne said that he was grateful for the support accorded to him by the Kenyan side during his 15-month stint at the club. Migne had earlier on dared FKF to fire him before the national body took a step.
“About the sack, you can ask my president. If they [FKF] want to fire me, let them go ahead and fire me, but again if paying my salary is an issue, will they manage to pay out my contract?” Migne told reporters after losing to Tanzania.