Central Organization of Trade Union (Cotu) Secretary-General Francis Atwoli has weighed in on the woes of embattled Kiambu Governor Ferdinard Waititu.
Speaking during an interview on Citizen JKL Show on Wednesday, Atwoli said that Waititu should start acting like a common mwananchi to avoid embarrassing himself before the public.
He said that claims that Waituti was blocked from accessing the VIP Podium during Mashujaa Day Fete are not good news for the county boss. He reminded the governor to swallow his pride and accept the way things are unfolding until he is cleared by the court to resume his duties.
He also said that other Governors including Mike Sonko remained calm on Madaraka day until they were shown where to seat only for Waititu to cause drama at the function.
“If I were Ferdinand Waititu right now, I would attend functions as a Kenyan and wait to be shown where to sit,” he said.
The governor has since denied that he was denied access to the podium. He also said that he was not given an invitation card and he thought it was a normal function just like it has been in the past.
“What caused the confusion was that I did not have an invitation card for Mashujaa day. I thought it was just the normal Mashujaa Day Celebrations where you can show up uninvited, but I was wrong," said Waititu."When I arrived at the podium I realised that no seat had been reserved for me, so I decided to leave,” Waititu told The Standard.
Waititu’s woes deepened after the court allowed his Deputy James Nyoro to replace his CECs .