Former Kiambu Governor William Kabogo has revealed for the first time the intrigues that forced Uhuru to change his mind about supporting Mudavadi in the 2013 elections.
Speaking on the 'Point Blank' aired Wednesday on KTN, the former county boss said that there had been anger after news that Uhuru had decided to abandon his presidential bid for former Vice President Musalia Mudavadi.
Kabogo said he went to the then The National Alliance (TNA) party candidate's house and told his to his face that the move to throw his weight behind Musalia would not sit well with voters from Mount Kenya region.
They spent many hours trying to persuade Uhuru to change his mind about supporting Mudavadi.
"I called a couple of guys, we were not many about four of us. We went to his house, we stayed out there for a very long time. Finally, we managed to get to see him, " Kabogo said.
"We spent another 14-15 hours speaking to him," he added.
Kabogo revealed that he was upset with William Ruto and it was only Uhuru who would abandon his aspirations but Ruto would still remain as a deputy president candidate.
He had held the view that if it was about the Hague, then the two ought to have abandoned their aspirations and not Uhuru alone.
Kabogo told Uhuru that if he gave out his candidacy to another person, he would be 'slaughtered by the Kikuyu nation'.
His intervention worked and Uhuru changed his mind and announced that he would run and not Mudavadi any more.