Retired President Daniel Moi was not troubled upon hearing news about his alleged death while receiving treatment at Nairobi Hospital, it has now emerged.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

For over 10 days, Moi was admitted at the facility with the family closely guarding his progress, making the country unconscious at some point.

In an interview, former Kitutu Masaba MP Timothy Bosire said the nonagenarian was 'cheerful' and not bothered with the death claims.

"You guys at times misinform the public even on sensitive matters. The other day I saw some of you kill Moi. Yet, he was very cheerful and comfortable at the hospital," he said on phone, Saturday.

"I shared the facility with him. He said he has been killed several times and the latest claims were not different from the previous occurrences," Bosire added.

Moi's family had accused social media users of spreading fake news moments before he was released from Nairobi Hospital last week.

“The true position is that Mzee Moi is in hospital being attended to by a professional medical team led by his personal physician, Dr David Silverstein. He is alert and conscious of his surroundings.

“However, the family is at the same time displeased with the negative and alarmist reports being peddled by unfeeling individuals and consequently published by sections of the media," Mzee Moi's press secretary Lee Njiru said.