Postmortem results done on the body of a KCSE candidate in Nakuru who died days after doing chemistry practical is out and has revealed the cause of his death. 

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

According to citizen Digital, Victor Kiptoo Ng'eno, a KCSE candidate at Barina Secondary School died after suffering from tuberculosis. 

The results are contrary to earlier claims that the candidate's death might have been caused by inhaling dangerous chemical during his practical exam

While revealing the postmortem results, Rongai Deputy County Commissioner Julius Kavita said that the deceased illness could have been treated if it had been detected earlier. 

The student complained of his stomach on the evening of Friday, November 8, a day after doing his chemistry practical exam.

According to his father David Ng’eno who spoke to Citizen TV, his son complained of fatigue and nausea when he returned home in the evening from school.

He also said that his son had been diagnosed with pneumonia in September 2019 and he bought him some few tablets which he had been using. 

Kiptoo's parents have however accepted the postmortem results saying they will proceed with their son's burial arrangements as planned.

The Ministry of Education had been heavily criticized for using dangerous chemical, xylene in doing chemistry practical exam.

The Kenya Union of Primary Education Teachers [KUPPET] also complained of xylene chemical used in KCSE chemistry practical saying that students and teachers had been admitted across the country for inhaling the chemical, a claim that was dismissed by the Education CS George Magoha.