Makueni Woman Representative Rose Museo has asked women to boycott sex for one month protesting the rising cases of defilement in the county.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

Speaking at Ukia in Makueni County on Friday, Museo said cases of defilement in the county are heartbreaking and everyone should join the fight.

Last month, she had urged women to go to bed without underpants to please their husbands and boost their sex life.

"Today I'm changing my statement because of our little girls being defiled. It's saddening that the cases are being reported every now and then without halt and in protest, I urge women to boycott sex for a month," Museo said.

Museo said men should also join the call and warn fellow men against committing such atrocities against the girl child.

"Men should also join me. Warn fellow men to give our girls a chance to grow and learn without interruption, speak up in all the media stations and gatherings, condemn these heinous acts," she said.

She urged men to learn to approach women of their ages instead of young children.

"You are leaving grown-up women like me and going for a child, that's shameful. Come we talk and know what to do instead of destroying the future of our little girls," Museo said.

Museo told parents to avoid sending their girls out at night to avoid being defiled.

She said the girl child should be accompanied by adults if it's a must for them to go out at night.

"Don't get busy the whole day and then at 8.00 O'clock is when you're realizing you don't have a matchbox or salt and then you send your girl who may fall, a victim of uncouth men waylaying girls on the way," she said.

#hivisasaoriginal