10:32: The President commends Kenyans who took to social media to encourage affected families, and share messages of hope.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

" I take note of Kenyans who took to social media to spread hope and criticise false information. You have shown the world bravery, patriotism and love," he said.

10:30 The Head of State confirms that 14 people lost their lives during the attack, adding that many others were rescued.

10:25 : President Kenyatta commends security officers at the scene for conducting a swift, well coordinated operation.

10:20 : President Uhuru Kenyatta addresses the nation following the Riverside attack.

09:25: There is a little commotion at the scene as four ambulances are directed to drive into the Dusit Complex to help ferry those rescued from the attack. Among those who have been carried by the medics is a police officer.

09:17: Family members and friends of the victims streaming in at the Chiromo Funeral Palour in an effort to identify the bodies. At least two have been cleared and released for interment.  

09:00: A series of shoot-outs reported at the crime scene as more people get rescued from the building. Attackers have not been fully neutralised. 

08:20: Kenya Red Cross urges public to go to the Bomb Blast Memorial in Nairobi from 09:00 am to donate blood in support of the victims of the attack. Police insist they have the situation under control.

07:45: Kenya Red Cross boss Abbas Gullet set to address the press from scene of the attack. Gullet will give the address at around 9:30 am. He is expected to give a tally of casualties from the attack.

 He was part of the team involved in attending to victims of the attack. Rescue operations are still ongoing.

07:20: United Nations boss António Guterres condemns the attack at Dusit on 14 Riverside Drive as the African Union Commission Chairperson Moussa Faki Mahamat says the attack underlines the imperative for renewed efforts to combat terrorism.

06:45: Several hostages, Interior Ministry reports, 174 or even more people were rescued and reunited with their families who had been camping outside Dusit Hotel complex for over 10 hours.

06:32: More gunshots can still be heard from the Dusit Complex as police say they have made their way to the area where the terrorists are believed to be hiding.

06:30: Police spokesperson Charles Owino warns Kenyans against camping at the Dusit complex. In a telephone conversation with local media, Owino appealed to VIPs and politicians to keep off the area so as to allow security agencies an easy time to execute the operations.

The rescue operations in the Tuesday afternoon attack in Nairobi have entered the second day with police insisting that the area remains a crime scene.

On  Tuesday night, Interior CS Fred Matiang'i affirmed that all the buildings that were affected in the attack had been rescued.

#hivisasaoriginal