Machakos MCAs have issued a notification on their planned demonstrations against Governor Alfred Mutua.
The county legislators on Thursday wrote a notification letter to the police stating that they will hold peaceful demonstrations against the governor and his administration on October 8, 2018.
The MCAs said they will protest against Mutua for misusing public funds and resources.
The assembly's Chief Whip Tariq Mulatya confirmed the letter scene by this writer as authentic.
Mulatya signed the letter on behalf of his colleagues.
"The procession will be led by members of the majority party, religious leaders, businessmen and other stakeholders," Mulatya said.
He said the MCAs will present Mutua with a petition during the demonstrations.
Mulatya said the county legislatures want Mutua to explain how funds approved by the assembly had been utilized by his administration.
He said the MCAs are not fighting Mutua, but argitating for the rights of Machakos residents so that they receive services they deserve.
"It's a year now and we have done nothing for our people. It's high time the governor came forward and told us where Sh80,000,000 allocated for bursary, Sh164,000,000 meant for roads are, among other things," he said.
Mulatya said the assembly won't relent until Mutua does the necessary.
"We won't stop after the demos, we will go to the next level until we ensure Machakos residents are given quality services," Mulatya said.
#hivisasaoriginal