A middle-aged teacher from Ramba primary school in Nyamira South Sub County succumbed to death on Wednesday evening after he was electrocuted at his home.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

According to some of his family members, the teacher identified as Elijah Nyang’au was repairing his bathroom shower when he was electrocuted.

“He came from school at about six in the evening and he realized that his shower was not working and he decided to repair it. In a few minutes, we heard a bang and when we rushed to the incident we realized he was lying breathless down,” said Hannah Nyang’au, wife to the deceased.

Confirming the incident, area Chief Dickson Masi said the man had no knowledge on how to handle electricity and he must have been electrocuted due to handling electricity with wet or plain hands.

“The family rushed the middle-aged man to Nyamira Referral Hospital where he was pronounced dead at about 9PM,” said Masi

The chief, however, warned locals against trying to electronic gadgets if they have no expertise and instead advised them to consult electricians in case of any power default.

The Kenya Power officials had already arrived on the scene to establish the exact cause of the incident.