The Office of the Controller of Budget (COB) has broken its silence on the alleged Sh2 billion suspicious budgetary allocations exposed by the Senate Public Accounts Committee in Kiambu county government.

See top deals from Jumia

An audit report presented before the Senate Public Accounts Committee last week, revealed that Governor Ferdinand Waititu's government allegedly spent Sh2 billion on functions of the national government.

Reports on the Daily Nation indicate that the Office of the Controller of Budget, now says the suspicious allocations were not part of the 2017/2018 budget that Kiambu county presented for approval.

"The budget allocations were not captured in the 2017/2018 budget that was submitted to the Controller of Budget by Kiambu County," Mr Stephen Wangaji, Head of Communication at the Office of Controller of Budget told the Nation.

The Controller of Budget states that the suspicious items never featured in the county's 2017/2018 Annual Budget nor its 2017 /2018 Supplementary budget.

"The items did not appear in their Quartely Expenditure Reports submitted for that period. We would therefore like to state that the Controller of Budget is not aware of these items," Wangaji said.

Last week, Governor Waititu told the Senate that he was also shocked by the questionable budget.

On Saturday, Kiambu deputy governor James Nyoro distanced himself from the suspicious budgetary allocations.

He asked governor Waititu to stop beating around the bush, and tell Kiambu people and Kenyans where he spent the billions in question.

"Waititu's claim that he is not aware of how the allocations found their way into the documents are untrue because he ought to have gone through the documents before signing them," Nyoro said as quoted by the Standard.