A parliamentary aspirant from Bungoma has raised alarm over what he termed importation of Ugandan to register as voters ahead of the Augusts polls.

Is there a story unfolding in your community? Let Hivisasa know

Moses Nandalwe accused a section of politicians from Bungoma of importing Ugandan to register as voters in Bungoma County.

Nandalwe is expected to challenge Sirisia MP John Waluke during the August poll.

He said it is illegal to allow foreigners vote during the polls.

"Let the Ugandan government warn its people against such practices," he said said as quoted by the Star.

"Last year, so many Ugandans came and registered as Kenyans."

He was speaking at Korosiandet, along the Kenya-Uganda border.

He called on the IEBC to intervene and bar foreigners from voting in Kenya.

"Let the government intervene to show the country that it is not part of the syndicate," he said.

"I have always stated that Sirisia constituency is an ODM zone. We will take victory in a very democratic manner, without chaos or anarchy."

The IEBC on Monday launched the voter Mass Voter Registration exercise that will run for one month until February 16.