Bahati Centre stakeholders and plot owners have vowed to press Governor Kinuthia Mbugua until he fulfills his promise of issuing them with title deeds.
Speaking during a heated meeting at Full Gospel Church Bahati, the more than 100 businessmen and women, said Mbugua promised them title deeds before the end of March 2016.
“When Mbugua (governor) came here last year (2015), he promised us title deeds before this month ends, so why has he not fulfilled his promised?” lamented Mr Kariuki, a businessman.
They had met to discuss the way forward after staying in the plots for more than 30 years without the vital document.
Ward MCA Peter Nderitu who was present, together with county surveyors led by Maina Kariuki and Munyaka, promised the residents that they will do all within their reach to make sure that they get the documents.
However, it was revealed that a similar process had kicked off during the previous local administration, but somehow things went wrong.
“We had paid Sh2,500 to the defunct authority, so who will cater for this process?” question Muriuki Maina during the Tuesday meeeting.
“We have tried to reach Governor Mbugua through a committee we elected, but he isn’t reachable. We are sending you to him, tell him that we want title deeds because we pay tax to his government. If possible, not lease based documents but freehold because we will continue to pay tax,” said Agnes Wanjiru.
MCA Nderitu, however, assured them of consultations and harmonisation of the fees.