A 32-year-old man who was arraigned in court to face charges of being in possession of bhang caused drama at the Winam law courts yesterday.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

The suspect, Simi Otieno, brought humour in the usually silent corridors of justice after he sensationally claimed that he had been caught with ugali and not bhang.

The suspect, who was accused of being in possession of 50 grams of bhang worth Sh100, told the court that he was being accused falsely.

He refused to take a plea before the senior resident magistrate, Bernard Kasavuli, insisting that he wanted the ugali be brought before the court and not the said bhang.

The move forced the magistrate to adjourn his case and ordered the him be taken for mental check up to ascertain whether he was suitable to take a plea.

The court granted him a cash bail of Sh20,000 with a surety of a similar amount. The case is scheduled for mention on May 6 this year.