As President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto gear up for the launch of the Jubilee party next month, Ford People party has been dissolved in readiness for the big day.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

Leading Ford People delegates from both Nyamira and Kisii counties at Sameta Lodge on Friday, chairman Albert Nyaundi said they dissolved Ford People ahead of the new party launch slated for September.

Nyaundi said they made the decision as one way of supporting the government even as they eye a share of the national cake.

“Today (Friday) as Ford People delegates from Nyamira and Kisii counties together with elders, have come together to make sure that we move ahead as the community hence we have dissolved our party in readiness of joining the Jubilee party," Nyaundi said.

They also promised to back Uhuru's re-election in 2017.

He dismissed reports from individuals purporting to be Ford People who are against the move, stating they defected from Ford People some years back and now even have their own parties.

"No one who is in Ford People has missed this function all of us we are officials and delegates together with others from other parties who have joined us in  this move," said Nyaundi.

Kisii County deputy Governor Joash Maangi who was present said they have come together to ensure they work as a community in fostering development.

Maangi who is also the organising secretary of the so-called Omogusii unity movement, said that they incorporated their counterparts from Nyamira who have been claiming they had been sidelined.

“During the meeting, we discussed issues concerning the Omogusii unity whereby the Nyamirians have fully been incorporated in it,” he said

He added that on Saturday they will in Borabu Constituency in Nyamira County where they will have a fundraiser in aid of a church.

Others present included Bobasi MP Stephen Manoti, Zebedeo Obore (, Bonchari), Richard Tongi (Nyaribari Chache), and several MCAs from Ford People.