Former assistant chief who was sacked for turning up at President Uhuru’s rally in Nakuru County in March is now a sober man.
Joseph Rotich has been undergoing rehabilitation at Mathari Hospital in Nairobi for close to two months courtesy of the National Authority for Campaign against Drug Abuse (Nacada).
On Wednesday, Rotich said he regretted his actions and appealed to the government to reinstate him to his former post.
At the time of his sacking, Rotich was Mawingu sub-location assistant chief.
He has now promised to lead by example, saying he has quit the bottle for good and is ready to work as well as fight illicit brews.
Nacada boss John Mututho echoed his sentiments and urged the government to reinstate Rotich stating that he is now a reformed person.
Rotich was sacked after a video showed him in a drunken stupor in official uniform went viral on social media.
South Rift regional coordinator Wanyama Musiambo while announcing Rotich’s sacking further said he would also be charged with abetting the sale of illicit brew.
This was seen as defiance to his boss, President Uhuru who last year announced a nationwide crackdown on illicit brews.