Mombasa governor, Ali Hassan Joho has accused the government of intimidating him and harassing him over what he says was petty politics.

Do you have a lead on a newsworthy story? Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa!

The governor has now said that because of the humiliation he underwent, he will sue the government.

Joho says he has been blocked from accessing the Malindi Police station by the many GSU police at the place. He said he had been ordered to record a statement at the station concerning robbery with violence claims.

The governor claims he is being attacked by the Jubilee government for his political stand and vowed not to leave the Orange Democratic Movement. He said he has of late been seen as an enemy of the government. He had been summoned alongside other ODM leaders to record statements over robbery with violence and other incidences of violence that were witnessed in Malindi during the march 7, 2016 by- elections.

MP Agustino Neto, Governor Kingi, Senator Steward Madzayo, Women Representative Aisha Jumwa, MP Suleiman Dori and Abdul Nassir were also ordered to record statements.

Joho has been seen clashing with top Jubilee leaders severally. He first clashed with the president who had visited Coast without informing him and that was followed by him clashing with Nairobi senator Mike Mbuvi and Kabete MP, Ferdinand Waititu.