The collapsed Sigiri bridge in Budalangi constituency, Busia County, June 26, 2017. [Photo: nation.co.ke]
A section of the Sh1.2 billion Sigiri bridge in Budalangi constituency, Busia County, collapsed it was inspected by President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto.
Accompanied by area MP Ababu Namwamba, the two Jubilee leaders were in the region 11 days ago (June 15) to inspect the construction of the bridge, where they said more development projects would be introduced, during their second term in office, if they win in August polls.It is said construction workers were at the site during the collapse, Monday, and were rushed to Port Victoria Hospital after sustaining minor injuries.
Kenyans took to social media, accusing the Jubilee government, of introducing failed projects. They aid Jubilee under president Kenyatta, had sabotaged the economy, and such project was clear evidence.
Below are some of the comments from Facebook users.
Twitter users also commented, ass indicated below.
Philip EtaleVerified account @EtalePhilipMore
#SigiriBridge had been included in today's speech by Uhuru as part of Jubilee’s achievements. But the gods have refused
syolajaneqt @syolajaneqt1 50More
How is this bridge worth 1.2billions. Civil Engineers and Quantity Surveyors please help. #SigiriBridge
PLO Lumumba @PLOLumumba2 2More
The stability of #SigiriBridge equals Uhurus.. so weak..he will barely ganner 2million votes.. Kenyans are not bgfrugutisis
Nelson Havi @NelsonHavi 2More
A manifesto launched on a cursed day; when a paper was used to vilify NASA, when #SigiriBridge collapsed and the sun refused to shine. DOOM!
Martin Mwangi @MartinKellmen 2More
As kenyans, we have lost 1.2B just like that on a bullshit project that was rushed for political mileage. This is unacceptable #SigiriBridge
Martin Mwangi @MartinKellmen 2More
As kenyans, we have lost 1.2B just like that on a bullshit project that was rushed for political mileage. This is unacceptable #SigiriBridge