Normal power supply has resumed at Kiamaina area, Nakuru County a day after the residents’ plight was highlighted by HIVIsasa.com after staying in the dark for three weeks.

Is there a story unfolding in your community? Let Hivisasa know

Area residents said that the Kenya Power officials worked on the damaged transformers on Wednesday morning restoring power supply after staying without power for three week.

When this writer visited Kiamaina on Thursday morning, normal power supply had already resumed.

On Tuesday, Hivisasa.com highlighted the residents’ long suffering after taking to the streets to protest.

“We are grateful that they have resolved the power crisis. We could not even carry out normal operations and our businesses were incurring heavy losses,” said Mark Njoroge, a mobile phone repair shop operator. Ms Beth Njoroge said that the performance and schoolwork of their children had also been affected as many could not do their homework at night. “They used to come home very late as they had to first finish their homework from school. They also could not cope well with the candle and kerosene lamps that we had to use because of the blackout. We would like to thank the media for highlighting our woes,” she added.

Peter Kamau also welcomed the power supply resumption saying that the darkness had seen the levels of insecurity soar.

“We lived in constant fear of being attacked. We also could not walk outside after 7pm. We are happy that we can now live and work in peace,” he said.