Kibera residents on Thursday called on the government to beef up security at all Kenya borders.
This comes after a gang of 50 men attacked people in Nakuru. The group is believed to be Mungiki which harmed people by cutting them with machetes. The victims of the attack said the men did not steal anything but just physically assaulted them.
The Al-Shabaab militia group said they were responsible for the KDF deaths in El-Adde Somalia in mid-January. The group said they are targeting Kenya early this month, naming some important targeted places such as the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
This occurrence seems to have created fear in Kibera residents who say they feel the country is not safe.
One resident, Walter Bukachi said the government should not ignore the occurrences but work harder to provide security to people.
Another resident, Helen Peter said Kenyans should be on the front line to monitor the security of the nation since we can only overcome insecurity if we unite.
President Uhuru Kenyatta had earlier this week promised to immediately recruit 10,000 police officers to help boost security.