Three men who allegedly stole chicken at Mbilini area in Kangundo sub-county were severely beaten by rowdy mob on April 12 at night. 

Do you have a lead on a newsworthy story? Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa!

According to area subchief Onesmus Mutisya, the three had allegedly stolen chicken which they were cooking before furious residents caught up with them. 

He said that they were thoroughly beaten up, situation which led to death of one of them as they were ferrying them to Kangundo police station.

"I received a call at around 7:30pm in the evening that three men had been caught with a stolen chicken and beaten up by residents where one of the suspects succumbed to injuries," said Mutisya. 

The three have been stealing property from residents situation which might have falsed them to commit the offense.

Mutisya warned residents of taking law into their hands which is unacceptable by law. 

The deceased was taken to Kangundo level four hospital mortuary while the rushed to the same hospital where they are recuperating.