Eng Vincent Musyoka Musau, Mp Mwala sub-county has warned residents from illegal sand harvesting.

Do you have a lead on a newsworthy story? Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa!

He was accompanied by the sub-county DC, OCPD and other government officials. 

Speaking  on January 29, at Kabaa where he lead sand harvesting crackdown at Kabaa, Mumbuni, Miseleni and other parts of the Mwala sub-county, he said that he has been sending warning since last year to all sand harvestors after realising it is a threat to environment. 

"Not in my watch shall the environment of Mwala be messed up by gluttonous individuals who just want to benefit themselves in the expense of other residents," noted Musyoka.

Musyoka called everyone to unite and come together to end the sand harvesting activity. 

"If you notice cases of this illegal practice, report immediately to my office for immediate action to be taken," said Musyoka. 

On the other side, Mwala sub-county commissioner said that he will work with his team to ensure that sand harvesting activity is eradicated.

He cited that heavy law will be taken against sand harvesters who will serve as an example to the rest.