Mvita constituency has officially launched its first women Sacco.
MP Abdulswamad Nassir who officiated at the launch said the Sacco will help women in the constituency venture into business.
"I was glad to officially launch Mvita Women Sacco Ltd this morning (Saturday)," he said during the event.
"Membership to the Sacco will be through groups of Mvita women. Since inception hundreds of women have benefited and the sacco has had a turnover of several millions so far. Mvita Women Sacco has been able to give out loans in excess of Sh1 million to women members for various projects and ventures."
The MP gave out Sh200,000 to aid the Sacco.
He encouraged women and Mvita residents at large to come out in large numbers for the Mass Voter Registration starting on Monday January 16.
"Voting out the current regime is the only way to restore prosperity for our people," he added.
"I insisted that the current wave of intimidation tactics from the Jubilee Government will not distract us from fighting for truth, justice and equity for our people."