Police in Kiambu on Sunday rescued a two-year-old baby who had been reportedly kidnapped by a house help.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

According to police reports, the house help and the baby went missing on January 5, 2015.

Caroline Wangeci, the mother of the boy, said she arrived home but was shocked to find her house help and the baby missing.

Wangeci told the police that she later received a call from strangers who demanded a ransom of Sh 20 million failure to which they threatened to kill the baby.

It after police intervened that the mother sent some money to the number and police launched a manhunt through tracking.

The police operation was successful on Sunday when the suspected kidnapper was busted at a guest house in Kiambu town.

Police arrested the suspect and held her at Kiambu police as she awaits to appear in court.