Ten spirits manufacturing firm owners in Nakuru which were closed down following the crackdown on second generation brews are now demanding the report regarding their operations.
The proprietors have petitioned an inter-agency committee formed to carry out inspection of such firms to release its report to enable the government give direction on the future of players in the spirits industry.
Speaking at a press conference in Nakuru on Tuesday, the traders under the Nakuru Traditional Spirits Association have indicated that after carrying out inspection, the inter-agency committee chaired by Joseph Irungu promised to release a report in two weeks time but nothing has been done so far.
Association chairman Zachariah Chege said they have been forced to look for alternative ways of raising cash to offset bank loans which they had taken in order to buy distillery machines and raw materials.
Most of them said that they are finding it difficult to make ends meet considering that most of their stocks were destroyed and structures set ablaze.
While reiterating their commitment to upholding the required standards, the traders said the government has been losing a lot of money since the crackdown.
Betty Wanjiru from Bet Pet Investments said members have incurred huge losses running into millions of shillings while more than 100 people have lost their jobs